Curator: Dr. Allan B. Cruse, Professor Emeritus, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of San Francisco
Minicourse resources development project
Getting Acquainted with Contemporary Romania "There exists a high interest in Romania right now. This is a country
that is still undiscovered, but in which the foreigners are very much interested." Gabriela Szabo, Romanian Olympic track and field champion, in Agerpress on 20 August 2013. "Romania is currently at the very core of the European family..." Rt. Honorable John Bercow, Speaker of the House of Commons, UK Parliament, 28 May 2013 Evolving list of course topics: "Bucharest is the most interesting city in Europe... " Writer Paul Wood, owner of Apple Search UK, from ROMANIA-INSIDER, 19 March 2013 Recommended Readings:
- Sheilah Kast and Jim Rosapepe, Dracula Is Dead, Baltimore: Bancroft Press 2009.
- Andrei Codrescu, The Hole In The Flag, New York: William Morrow & Company, 1991.
- C. Nick Potcovaru, Dust In The Wind: The Uprising, Bloomington, IL: iUniverse Press, 2011.
- Patrick McGuinness, The Last Hundred Days, New York: Bloomsbury, USA, 2011.
- James K. McCollum, Romania: Opening All The Doors, Victoria, B.C.: Trafford Publishing, 2003.
- Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa, Red Horizons, Washington, D.C.: Regnery Gateway Press, 1987.
- Kirk and Raceanu, Romania versus the United States: 1985-1989, St. Martin's Press, 1994.
- Peter Saini-Davies, The Romanian Revolution of 1989, Cornell University Press, 2005.
Click to add text, images, and other content